Monday, April 28, 2008

RCP Singles Re-branding

As many of you already know, I help run a small independent digital electronic music label called Race Car Productions. I serve as vice president and art director among other duties such as recording artist. It's a fun little hobby that has turned into a monster and pretty much takes over our lives, but we love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. Currently I'm working on re-branding the packaging and cover art for our singles. Being that we're only a digital label (releasing through such avenues as iTunes, Beatport, and Juno Download just to name a few), the cover art is merely reduced to a 800x800 pixel jpg on the sites where we sell our music. That being said there isn't a whole lot of experimentation I can explore with things such as packaging of records or CDs. However, for this project, I'm mocking up a record sleeve series for our upcoming singles for my Illustration class. It's been a lot of fun so far and I can't wait to do more. I would tell you more about the music but I'll do that closer to the release date. I'll also explain more of my design strategy when the entire project is done.
This is the front.

Whilst this is the back.

No comments: