Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New England Ruins _ Rob Dobi, photographer

I'm very picky about photography. As a designer, it's hard for me to look at things that already exist naturally and say "hmm that would make a good photo" I guess I like to rearrange. organize or even stage elements. That's not to say I don't respect photography, on the contrary, I have the utmost respect for it because I can't do it. I understand it, I just don't feel I can do the media justice I suppose. This site was sent to me by an old friend who thought I'd enjoy it. In response to his instant message I said this:
if i was a photographer this is exactly the kind of photography i'd take. even the photos i've dabbled in where all compositions of architecture and corridors and the like. and i have always been fascinated by abandoned places. so many stories. thanks for sharing this site. i'll probably blog about it.
So that being said, please enjoy these photos. I find them creepy, awe inspiring, and composed extremely well. Enjoy!

Rob Dobi "New England Ruins" — click here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, this stuff is stirring and yeah, I like it too ;)

Unknown said...

yeah evan.

whats great about this, is that Rob, by trade is a designer. photography is just a hobby.

all those shirts i wear, with the sillouhettes, those are his, fullbleed clothing.

he also did

www.yourscenesucks.com

www.fullbleed.com

www.dobi.nu



( easily one of my fav guys, and very approachable/ easy to talk to )

The Librarian said...

I miss your blog. Update it.